Friday, March 26, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries

Our local restaurant started serving sweet potato fries. They are absolutely awesome! So awesome, I decided to try them at home. I took two sweet potatoes and cooked them together, but differently. I started cutting the one sweet potato and had some trouble cutting it. I used mt microwavable potato baker pouch to bake the second one for a minute. The second one was much easier to cut. I put the slices in a plastic zipper bog with some olive oil, salt, pepper and some ranch popcorn seasoning. I mixed it up and put them in a greased 8 inch square baking pan. Cooked them for 30ish minutes at 375 degrees F. I think they were pretty good, not quite as good as the restaurant (those are fried), but good enough to eat the sweet potatoes we have! The only problem I have with the restaurant fries, other than having to go to the restaurant, is that the serving they give you is too much. Have you ever eaten something and had so much that you just get full of that food? That's how many they give you. They are definitely made to share! Definitely try making some for yourself and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment