Sunday, May 16, 2010

Gardening

It has been really rainy for the past few weeks. We finally had the chance to get out and garden yesterday. I weeded the strawberries for almost an hour and didn't get all of it done. I did have to transplant a few rogue strawberry plants that had decided to grow on the lawn. I also transplanted some holly hocks that were trying to take over the strawberry patch. I'm not sure if the holly hocks will survive, but I tried. I also picked my rapidly growing rhubarb. Like I said, it's been raining here quite often and the rhubarb just took off! I cut it up, after giving half of what I picked to a friend, and got about 2 1/2 cups from what I picked. I made this really tasty, sugar-free strawberry rhubarb sauce. Of course we are out of ice cream and weren't able to try it out. Hopefully we'll be able to plant the rest of the garden this week, however they are calling for more rain for most of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment