Sunday, July 4, 2010

Learning New Things

My parents came down at the end of the week to help us with some projects. My dad helped us replace our sewer lines, which were disgusting and should have been replaced a long time ago. Between him and my husband, they were able to get the main part of it in one day. My mom showed me how to stain and varnish. We replaced our bathroom window two years ago, and she asked if she could stain it, since she really didn't feel she could help with the sewer line. I now know how to stain and plan on re-staining and re-varnishing our outdoor wooden furniture. The four pieces are in desperate need of it and have been since we moved in four years ago. Of course I'll have to wait until it's less humid outside to start on that project. Besides, I have plenty of other projects to work on for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment